UPDATE (3/19/16): Well we have some more interesting things occurring. We have connected with Lowe’s and we are working on some possible donations, but in the mean time we also have been set up to receive some really good pricing from Lowe’s for our project that is NOT retail pricing. So now we can get more for our buck, but we need your help in completing that task! But we are putting together the supply list you see below for the siding and such to get the exterior completed. So hopefully within 2-3 weeks, we will have the exterior finished.
We have had a lot of people offering to help build the home. As much as I would love to say yes to everyoneMy current contractor has signed a confidentiality agreement while working on the home. It is vital to the safety of future residents. So as we begin talks with a few organizations, we must pray about how to best protect those who will be future residents. Not an easy task in the least.
Below are the current construction needs for the rough-in phase. All donations are tax deductible. Once the rough-in inspection is completed, we will be moving into the next phase of finishing. It’s getting exciting!
SIDING (HARDIE SIDING)
- 32 squares of siding
- caulk to match (14 tubes)
- 3 dryer vent covers
- cement limestone ledge (approx 20 linear ft)
- seamless (2 pcs 56 ft length; 1 pc 25 ft; 2 pcs 22 ft)
- 10 downspouts
- 6 end caps (3 right, 3 left)
- 6 outlets
- 18 A elbow
- 20 straps for downspouts
- 60 hangers (for every 3 feet)
- one bag of rivets
- 2 tubes of gutter seal
- PVC board for pillars (8 pcs – 1″ x 12″ x 10′ exterior trim boards)
- a heating and cooling supplier. The architect is working on the plans now so we can provide the supply list. It is very important to have proper airflow in this house with a female population. Once we receive a materials list, we will pass it along.
Thanks to our plumber Tom McCoy of Complete Plumbing Repair, he has found us a supplier that will be donating all of our piping needs and also getting us fixtures if needed at cost. Our thanks to Contractors Pipe and Supply for their incredible help. But now before we can put in any of the plumbing piping and fixtures, we need to get heating and cooling and electrical in so pipes do not freeze. Some items will need to be purchased, but the good news is, the supplier is offering them to us at cost. We will put a more specific needs list out once we have pipes in.
- Current wiring needs we are talking to an electrical supplier. Once the architect maps out the specifics for all of the home, we will send word on what is needed after we see what the donor will supply.
- LED light fixtures and switches (really saves on the cost of utilities with this many residents in the home)
- soundproof drywall – The area the house is in, homes are very close together. Insulation alone cannot solve the issue of a lot of women together. The drywall we have found, is incredible at restricting sound in and it will be used to help ensure privacy for our residents. We will have a listing of what is needed once the walls are up.
Needs for Volunteers
- grant researcher and writer
- event coordinator
- fundraiser coordinator
- driver/hauler (for weekday drop-offs and some weekends)
- marketing person
>>> Please email: email@example.com with interest
Overall Needs for BRANCH
- gas cards
- gift cards to Lowe’s or Home Depot
- a 2,000 sq ft storage warehouse where we can start storing building supplies and also to use as recycling overflow. We are definitely in need of this one.
We also have some items to purchase from the demo that can be repurposed. Please contact us for more information.
For your contribution, we have The BRANCH Giving Tree that will be a permanent piece of artwork in the home that will always be on display to the residents. This tree will show everyone who donated to the home. It is a way that we can show the love to each and every resident and be a permanent reminder of all those who loved them. It is VITAL for residents to know that people care about them. What better way than to show all those who contributed to making this special place for them. This is something that we are going to put in each BRANCH home. This means that you can buy a leaf or a “branch” to help contribute to the cause or help us purchase our house needs. So we are searching for an artist willing to donate their time and talent to this cause and who can also do a rendering to help us present this to all of those who view our project. When the house is complete, the tree will be finished at that time before we take in our first resident. When they come in for the first time, we want them to know immediately how many people truly cared about them.
The BRANCH Giving Tree is going to be placed on that main floor closet wall next to the staircase with branches and leaves winding all up the stairs. On this tree each leaf that is placed there is going to be a donor’s name engraved on a leaf to show each resident, that everyone contributed to the home.